Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dressed to Kill ( or @ least bully)


Ah... the endless search for coolness! I find myself amongst a crowd that seeks it, hides it and, craves it more so than life! Constantly spinning phrases like "I'd rather die than to be seen in that!" And are just as willing to take the life of another for "Stealing their swag" eg. "I would kill for those shoes,car,etc." Wow! was all that I was able to think over that! Hmmmn... Well, what exactly IS swag??? According to Merriam Webster Online:

  • 1swag·ger
  • Pronunciation: \ˈswa-gər\
  • Function: verb
  • Inflected Form(s): swag·gered; swag·ger·ing \-g(ə-)riŋ\
  • Etymology: probably from 1swag + -er (as in chatter)
  • Date: circa 1596

intransitive verb 1 : to conduct oneself in an arrogant or superciliously pompous manner; especially : to walk with an air of overbearing self-confidence
2 : boast, bragtransitive verb : to force by argument or threat : bully

swag·ger·er \-gər-ər\ noun

swag·ger·ing·ly \-g(ə-)riŋ-lē\ adverb



Wait a minute! BULLY! Admittedly, I do know a few..Fashion "Bullies" if you will. As well as swagger Bullies ( I'm sure by now all know of the Kanye, Taylor Swift incident),lol!

Well, I have decided that instead of the hunter or a "Pompous Bully". I feel that I would be better suited as "The Trailblazer" and a hunter that is pleased to share the kill. Look forward to finding me drenched in the light of morning perched and donned in all of the fanciest apparel and gadgetry while doing so.

After all, nobody likes a bully!

Another interesting variation that I took note to was the Swagger Stick:

  • swagger stick
  • Function: noun
  • Date: 1887

: a short light stick usually covered with leather and tipped with metal at each end and intended for carrying in the hand (as by military officers)

Just some food for thought. If I am aroused by style can it be compared to BDSM? Admittedly,I find both to be exhilirating. But,am not certain that they are synonymous. Either way....Me likey!

"Bad girl la la la la la la la la la la la la, All dressed up in fancy clothes!"
~Nydigritti

Images courtesy of: FASHIONATION & Dazed & Confused - Maria Blaisse.





3 comments:

  1. Lol @ dressed to bully.
    Welcome to blogger buddy.
    Nice layout, lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm Racheal. Your blog is cool. yeah, we've heard about the kanye west and taylor swift incident. Anyway, nice layout.=D

    ReplyDelete