Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We LOVE you, Skyzoo!


Back in "The Day" we all bathed in the excellence of the lyrics of the like's of Nas, Notorious B.I.G., Jay Z and, Made for Cuban Links. Remember, when no one had to hear about a hissy fit over a video or some chicken. As a matter of fact, I can recall when Rappers weren't even on the Top 10 or concerned about anything except being tru 2 the Game. For a moment I thought that the day would never come again that I wouldn't first have to like a string of catchy hooks before listening to the radio.

This morning I was given a breath of fresh air! There is no doubt in my mind that Skyzoo was paying attention during the hip hop boom of the 80's and 90's. Not only a poet but, by far a true lyricist perfecting iambic pentameter in "You & Me" and, Showing his gully side in "The Necessary Evils". I admit having multiple eargasms while researching Skyzoo!

He is no newcomer to the game either:

Get familiar. At an eager, observant age of just nine, Skyzoo penned his first song about the urban inner city life he witnessed from the window of his 18th floor apartment in Ebbets Field Projects. Fifteen years, six independent mixtapes, an indie EP, over 100 songs and countless fans later, the 25-year-old Skyzoo has matured into one of the game's most elite packages yet. The loyal Brooklynite (splitting his time between Crown Heights and Bedford Stuyvesant), who has already received accolades from a wide range of legends including Buckshot, Dj Drama, Sean Price and EPMD for his street-heavy, sharp narrating style and wit, understands a hip-hop fan's mentality and is prepared to customize music for their eyes and ears. Yes, music for their eyes AND ears. "If they lend me their ears, they're lending me their eyes," says an assuring Skyzoo, who prides himself in the art of storytelling with a street swagger. "I promise you when you hear my music, I promise you, you're going to not only hear something that you've never heard, but see something you've never seen" ~According to his Myspace page.

All I can say is that I am defi trying to get familiar with Skyzoo! And, for the love of non cake-boy hip-hop! I hope that all of you do too.

Love & Swagger,
Nydigritti

IMAGE C/O: THE RAP UP

No comments:

Post a Comment