Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Introducing Mal! Certainly Southern Magic

Mal certainly is 4TH QUARTER PIMPIN ; His music reminds me of the smooth melodies of Outcast mixed with the rugged twang of Jamaican Dancehall. Serenaded by his southern melodies I feel like he has pimped my eardrums and changed my perceptions of the southern sound. And I am proud to be the first interviewer. So, without further adieu...Introducing, my buddy Mal!

Nydigritti: When did you start flowing!

Mal:"Way,way,way,back in 2007! You didn't hear the funniness in my voice! Yes, I am a fool & have upgraded from a jerk to an Asshole"

NG: "HAHA! I can attest to that first hand!

Mal: " I AM a GRADE A fool"

NG: "So what was your inspiration?"

Mal: "Outcast, Master P, Juvenile, 2PAC, Biggie of Course, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Creed, I am a big Rock Head and I don't mean crack! Ha Haaa!"

NG: "I have to admit that one my favorite's of yours is I'm Rollin"

Mal: "Yeah! It's for all my peep's in South Carolina. For me, it's an anthem....I can't forget about my Folk's in Baltimore and parts of Maryland.....CHUCKTOWN ya' know that's where I'm from!
That's how we rockin out there"

NG: "That's Cute!"

Mal: "Thank you Nydi! You arre Hilarious with the giggles! I'm trying to come out to Cali after Christmas"

NG: "I'll show you how the Bay Rocks!"

Mal: "You from the Chi though!?!"

NG: "The Bay is where I stay! I can Rep em' both, haha!"

Mal: "That's right!" I ain't got no dread's but I'm thinking of growing some....I like E-40 so you could tell em' I said that...I listen to everything except country cuz I'm country as hell!"

NG: "Wow! Tell me about some of your other trax...what's your favorite track?"

Mal: "Mine is "I don't wanna live" inspired by Biggie...I mean I'm a rebel, Shawty and not a thug...If they wanna meet some thugs I can Introduce them...I mean Pimp C is my favorite rapper! Just because I may have been to jail and all that stuff doesn't make me a thug"

NG: "OMG is Hella Funny to me"

Mal: "OMG is a song that me and my homie just dumbed out on when we were Fucked up. Me and my homie Sonny Brix. You know, I want everybody to eat. Sonny is my family/producer cuz he's my family before everything producer second or third. Matter fact I'm listening to that OMG right NOW. But that's me I'm a fool with it! On the real Nydi when I make it to Cali...I want to go on a date though! Is that alright?"

NG: "I like to eat!"

Mal: "You are HIGHlarious!"

NG: "So, Mal you mention a lot of places. Where are you from?"

Mal: "Nope, I lived a lot of places but I only rep SOUTH CAROLINA...I got a big family and there from South Carolina, North Charlston! Alabama,and Murderland aka Maryland...that's where I'm from N. Chucktown baby yeeeaah! Behind Bars entertainment and that goes both ways! Behind Musical Bars and Jail Bars, That's how we Rockin'!"

NG: "You are Bad to the Bone"

Mal: "That's a song that I did when I was crippled for seven months after a basketball injury"

NG: "I remember you telling me about that!"

Mal: "Well, after I could walk again I recorded it. In the words of my Saire~Jones "I told you I'd be back one day and, now I'm good! A BAD MUTHA FUCKA" I dun been to hell and back about 50 Million times!"

NG: "Well, what can we expect from you next?"

Mal: "4th Quarter Pimpin is expected to drop sometime December 2009 representing the 4th Qtr. Like the 4 Quarters of the year! We representing 4 Qtr.'s of Pimpin'. And, I would like to shout out my Ol' gul Nydigritti!

NG: "Of course!"

Mal: "Also expect some T-Shirt's I just want everybody to eat. I've got the 4TH QUARTER PIMPIN' T-Shirt's prolly by the end of this week and my, 800-Kill Yo' self due out by the end of the year.

NG: "You know that I'm gonna need a couple of those!"

Mal: "You know I got you! Like I said I'm just tryin' for everybody to eat! I'm still just the same ol' me....Just trying to be a better me!"

A convo with Mal always ends in laughs and smiles as he rushes off to his next hustle. Thanks to The Magical Mal to make some time for little ol' Nydigritti. Keep yo Swag on like it's tattoed! And, I look forward to doing it again!

~Nydigritti
The Swag Hunter

IMAGES & IMAGES c/o: MAL

No comments:

Post a Comment