Monday, February 22, 2010

Remembrance

I can recall the day.
I captured it in a bottle; Timeless......
Imperishable, so I thought.
I was so naive to believe that you could relieve the eternal flame that burns within me.
The rock I had to have to represent what I assumed that we shared has changed.
Although it IS beautiful, time has ripped across it's smooth surface and, it's luster has worn away
The sand is no longer tan,but, a murky,lonely abyss that captures the rock and changes it's hue
The water that was once so clear has something growing in it
I can't believe that my innocent adolescent gesture could be so true to us and what we've become
you are the sand
and I
the rock, constantly sinking in you as you tear into me.
Infecting me....suffocating my mind
and....
On top of it all......
THERE IS SOMETHING GROWING IN IT!!!!
~Nydi

No comments:

Post a Comment